Monday, January 28, 2013

Encouragement for the Journey ~ 2013 

 Seek His face ~ ~ ~ 
 
Why?   Fills us with His joy and we see His faithfulness 

Many are asking, Who can show us any good?  Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O LORD. You have filled my heart with greater joy . . . Psalm 4:6-7a

Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. 
My heart says of You, "Seek His face!"  Your face, LORD, I will seek.
Do not hide Your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; You have been my helper.  Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me."  Psalm 27:70-10


When?  Always

Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.  Psalm 105:4


Result?  Our faces are radiant and we represent Him well.

Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.  Psalm 34:5

~       ~       ~
 
Our loving Father has given His Truth, His never changing Word,  for all who receive Him through His Son.  From time to time we need to be reminded and remember they are His commands.  They're not burdensome and they are not to be taken lightly.  In following them, we show our love, affection and complete surrender to Him. 

This is love for God:  to obey His commands.  And His commands are not burdensome.
1 John 5:3

No comments: