Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Encouragement for the Journey ~ 2013

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;  His faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 100:4-5

This morning I woke up to another gray, gloomy, rainy day.  Although I don't mind the rain, it can put a damper on my attitude.  I immediately realized I had a choice to either give into the gloominess or choose a garment of praise. (Isaiah 61:3b-c)  My choice was a garment of praise.  I simply don't want to waste my time complaining.  We all know that complaining comes way too easy. 

Today I focused on praising the Lord with the following words that describe His character/attributes/what He does, etc. that begin with letter S.  Starting my day like this totally changed my attitude and put a song of praise in my heart. 
~  Sovereign
~  Sweeps away our offenses like a cloud
~  Sweeps away our sin like the morning midst
~  Shows mercy
~  Searches us
~  Spirit of Truth
~  Savior
~  Salvation
~  Splendor
~  Shield
~  Save by Your right Hand
~  Saving Power
~  Stronghold of my life
~  Strong Tower
~  Saved us by Your shed blood
~  Search our hearts
~  Son of the Most High
~  Shows no partiality
~  Source of our love
~  Security
~  Steadfast love
~  Strong Deliverer
~  Slow to anger
~  Strength
~  Song
~  Supplier
~  Sacrificial Lamb

And this is only one letter in the alphabet and not a complete list of "s" either.  Add your own.  Look up the words and see where they're found in the Bible.  Good way to get rid of the blah's!!!  And God loves to hear His name praised!!!

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.   Psalm 150:6

No comments: