Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Encouragement for the Journey ~ 2013  . . . Confidently Dependent

"Blessed is the man (woman) who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him.
Jeremiah 17:7
During my quiet time with the Lord this morning, I found myself smiling and my eyes brightly shining. As I continued to read His Word, I recognized that the smile was coming from the trust I have in my unfailing Lord and Savior.  He alone is the One I cling to, the One I put my complete confidence in.  Why?  Because HE NEVER FAILS!!!  He remains true to His Word.  He is "the same yesterday, today and forever." (Hebrews 13"8)

"A saint (a believer in Christ) is never consciously a saint; a saint is consciously dependent on God."  "God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is."  (quotes from Treasures from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers) 

Who or what are you depending and relying on today to sustain you?  Where does your confidence come from?  Remember the words of John, "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man (woman) remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me, you can do nothing."  (John 15: 5)

~  "Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God.  Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.  He has made us competent." 2 Corinthians 3:4-6

~  "The LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."  Proverbs 3:26

~  "The effect of righteousness (having a right standing with God through salvation in Christ Jesus) will be quietness and confidence forever."  Isaiah 32:17

~  "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

~  "Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded."  Hebrews 10"35

~  "The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  Deuteronomy 31:8


Praying that in all we do today, we will fully depend on Him!!!







No comments: