Saturday, January 19, 2013

Encouragement for the Journey ~ 2013 . . .  Tracks

Yesterday morning I was praying through Ephesians 6:10-19 for our family and co-laborers in Christ.  Putting the armor on is something I do everyday.  I know how important it is be prepared for the enemy's onslaught that I know will be coming.

Verse 15 stuck out to me in particular as I was praying, "and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."  Someone shared an article with me some time back from Dr. Charles Stanley that I use a guide as I pray.  He encourages believers to pray, "Lord, this morning I put on the sandals of the gospel of peace.  I am available to You, Lord.  Send me where You will.  Guide me to those who need encouragement or physical help of some kind.  Use me to solve conflicts wherever they may arise.  Make me a calming presence in every circumstance in which You place me.  I will not be hurried or rushed, for my schedule is in Your hands.  I will not leave a trail of tension and apprehension I will leave tracks of peace and stability everywhere I go." 

I would love to say I always leave tracks of peace and stability everywhere I go, but I can't.  So often I blow it, let's be honest we all blow it from time to time.  The Lord brought to mind a few of the types of "tracks" I've left in the past.  See if you can identiy.

~ tracks like an elephant ~ heavily (I'm not talking about weight here) tromps on anything in it's path to get to where it's going.
~ tracks like a cat ~ light footsteps but ready to pounce at a moments notice.
~ tracks like a swan ~ gracefully gliding across the water, not bothering anyone or noticing what's around.
~ tracks like Jesus ~ filled with compassion, grace, mercy


Fill me Jesus, full to overflowing with Your ways that I may walk like You today.  Tracks of peace . . . tracks of peace . . . tracks of peace . . .

No comments: