Monday, February 28, 2011

Encouragement . . . for the Journey

Changes

Let's face it they're inevitable ~ regardless of age. Some changes we look forward to like the kid who can hardly wait to get his/her license, entrance into the college of his/her choice, finding that perfect soul mate, etc. Some changes we relish and some we would like to ignore, but face them we must. How we face them speaks volumes about our character and who we place our trust in.


This past week, my husband was laid off from his job of 32 years. As God has given us yet another change, we are choosing to give Him glory. No whining, no complaining, just complete trust in the One who is completely trustworthy!!!! Sounds simple doesn't it? It is when you know the One (Romans 10:9-13) who doesn't make mistakes in what He allows to come into your life. "The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth." Psalm 145:17-18 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11


I have a wonderful book that I use in my daily quiet time with the Lord called Promises for Women (Zondervan). It is full of Scripture promises that are organized topically like, security, stress, peace, loneliness, obedience, fear, etc. Issues that we deal with everyday. Each day I take a topic and simply pray the verses back to the Lord. He always has a special Word that renews, refreshes and restores me in my spiritual journey with Him. Today was no exception. As I turned to today's topic, you guessed it ~ it was entitled "change". The following verses are the ones that I prayed today. May they be an encouragement to you in whatever changes come your way today.


"I the LORD do not change," says the LORD Almighty.
Malachi 3:6



The Father of the heavenly lights . . . does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17



Be made new in the attitude of your minds.
Ephesians 4:23



Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever, wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him.
Daniel 2:20-22



Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
Isaiah 43:18-19



No comments: