Monday, August 29, 2016

Encouragement . . . for the Journey 2016

Honoring Christ with a life of holiness

Father,
May I set my heart and mind on things above this week in my attitude and actions.  As one of your chosen people, holy and dearly loved, may I clothe myself with:
compassion
~ kindness
~ humility
~ gentleness 
~ patience
~ bearing with one another
~ having a forgiving spirit

May I put on love because it binds all this together in perfect unity.  Let the peace and Word of Christ dwell in me richly this week.  Give me opportunities to teach and admonish those You bring in my life with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in my heart to You.

In whatever I do this week, may I work at it with all my heart as working for You not men. 

Colossians 3:1-2, 12-16, 20

No comments: