Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Encouragement . . . for the Journey

A friend of mines Dad recently had to see a cardiologist. After a thorough examination, the result was stints needed. He's actually having the procedure done today. I'm praying for complete success, quick recovery and peace for my friend.


Whether we recognize it or not, we all have "heart" needs everyday. Have you ever thought about how our Great Physician sees our "heart" needs? When was the last time you went to the Lord for a thorough examination of your heart? His Word shines into the deep recesses and reveals our hearts true condition.

We're reminded in Hebrews that: "The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LORD,
Let Your living Word penetrate the depths of my heart and soul today. Show me the true condition of my heart and the attitudes within.
I give You ____________________ these areas in which I struggle. Renew, refresh and restore me that I may truly love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Extra helps:
Psalm 51:10
Hebrews 4:14-16
Ephesians 4:22-24, 29-32
Matthew 22:34-38
Romans 12:1-2

No comments: