Monday, November 21, 2011

Encouragement . . . for the Journey

Remembering God's faithfulness during this Thanksgiving season. Through times of joy and laughter, sorrow and tears; He remains the same. "Every good and perfect gift is from above; coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights., who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 May your heart be filled with His praise.

Joy and Laughter
"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

"You have made known to me the path of life, You will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:11

"You make me glad by Your deeds. O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of Your hands." Psalm 126:6

"{God} will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

Sorrow and Tears
"I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 59:16


"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD . . . has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, . . . to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion . . . the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:1-3

"Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surround His people both now and forevermore." Psalm 125:1-2

No comments: