Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Encouragement . . . for the Journey

Father today,
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer", for You deserve nothing less.
Psalm 19:14


"Let no unwholesome talk come out of my mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen". Whether I'm at home, at work, with friends, or out shopping, etc. May I not grieve You, O Holy Spirit of God, with whom I am sealed for the day of redemption.
Help me to get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, brawling, slander; along with every form of malice.


Through the power of the Spirit, help me to be kind and compassionate to others, forgiving them just as I have been forgiven by Christ Jesus. Help me to let go of any thought that would hinder me from doing this. Whether I think the one who offended me deserves my forgiveness or not. Give me strength to extend grace, just as you extend grace to me; not by my might, nor by my power, but by You, Holy Spirit; precious Lord God Almighty.

Ephesians 4:29-32; Zechariah 4:6b

Help me to remember that when words are many, sin is not absent, but when I hold my tongue from speaking too quickly, I am wise. May my words be like choice silver and my lips speak only words that nourish and are filled with wisdom.
Proverbs 10:19-20,21,31

"Let my words be controlled by the word of God and my words will be valuable."
Warren Wiersbe, With The Word, Thomas Nelson Publishers.

"Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him".
Proverbs 30:5




No comments: