Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Encouragement . . . for the Journey

"If I seek fellowship with the Father, I will find Him in His word."
Andrew Murray

When you find yourself needing some guidance, you can ALWAYS find it in God's Word. Let His truths ~ transform ~ renew ~ revive ~ strengthen ~ encourage you in your journey.


Saw this in With the Word by Warren Wiersbe:

"When you can't sleep" ~ Psalm 3-4
"When you have sinned" ~ Psalm 32; 51
"When you are ill" ~ Psalm 31
"When you need God's guidance" ~ Psalm 25
"When you are traveling" ~ Psalm 121
"When people create problems" ~ Psalm 37
"When you are downcast" ~ Psalm 42-43
"When sinners seem to succeed" ~ Psalm 73
"When you are afraid" ~ Psalm 27; 91
"When you "feel old" ~ Psalm 102
"When you worry about the future" ~ Psalm 34
"When you think about death" ~ Psalm 124; 130
"When problems seem bigger than God" ~ Psalm 139
"When you just want to praise Him" ~ Psalm 103



"Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray. Morning by morning, O LORD, You hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:1-3


* 199 Treasures of Wisdom on Talking with God, Andrew Murray; Barbour Publishing, Inc.
* With the Word, Warren Wiersbe; Thomas Nelson Publishers

No comments: